Monday, August 16, 2010

Taking Care of Ourselves

Recently I had my sinuses affected by an airplane flight - a struggle I have dealt with before. The insistence of my nose to dominate my thinking reminded me that I had to take time to take care of myself. So long nights of sleep, relaxed days, plenty of fluids - all efforts to get well were started.

It reminded me that as moms or even moms-to-be, we can try to ignore the signals our body gives us to take care of ourselves. It is so easy to put our own needs on the bottom of a long list. Everything seems like a priority in our lives - the job - the house - the bills - the family - what gets neglected when we don't feel well? So often we just plow ahead and ignore our body's needs.

But if we are not at our best, we can't give our best to others. So the next time you get a wake up call to take an extra nap - have a long relaxing bath - or just get a massage - why not place taking care of yourself at the top of the list? I highly recommend it.....back to resting for me......

No comments:

Post a Comment